Everest Base Camp Trek
From your high point, the 18,450 foot Kala Pattar, you will stand face to face with Chomolungma - the Goddess Mother of the Earth.
You’ll be smitten by Nepal, a country of hospitable people, beautiful scenery, and a large variety of cultural traditions. This blend of outdoor adventure and cultural exploration is a great way to experience the Himalayan Mountains - the world’s most impressive mountains.
Our carefully crafted itinerary ensures proper acclimatization, allowing you to fully enjoy one of the world’s great treks and the easy walk up Kala Pattar. You'll experience:
- Base camp living, spending a night at camp and meeting Everest climbers
- The infamous Khumbu Icefall up close and personal
- Stunning views from 18,000-foot Kala Pattar
- Friendly Sherpa people
- Mountain Madness-style hospitality, including our private food service and the best teahouses in the Khumbu
Discover why this has become one of our most rewarding journeys and a Mountain Madness Classic, first developed more than 25 years ago by our founder Scott Fischer.
Why go with Mountain Madness?
- Over 25 years' experience in Nepal
- Private food service with a wide variety of traditional and Western meals prepared by our cooks
- Luxurious hotel accommodations in Kathmandu's Yak-n-Yeti
- Kathmandu cultural tour
- Yak support allows you to carry only your daypack
- Hand-selected teahouses
- Highly skilled professional Western and Nepali guides
- All-inclusive price
Consider adding the Island Peak Extension!
-Carolyn and Ian J.
Nepal Relief Efforts
Mountain Madness is supporting post-earthquake Nepal through a fundraiser established by MM guide Deana Zabaldo and her organization Changing Lives Nepal. Money is distributed directly to our staff in the Khumbu and to the community near the Children's Home as they rebuild their lives.