MM Collection
Checking in from the Condor's Nest on Illimani, Bolivia. MM Collection
# #

January 23, 2012

Aconcagua Team Preparing For Summit Bid

Ossy called in today from Camp 3 with the rest of the team, happy to have reached their camp before the winds picked up. They arrived about 4 hours ago and are now waiting out the 50 mph winds and blowing snow. Everyone is well and strong and very excited for a summit attempt tomorrow morning once the winds have died down. 

Ossy laughed on the phone when he predicted that the temperature was roughly 30 below. It's good to hear they are in good spirits despite the frigid temperatures! Saturday, the team made a carry to Camp 3. Yesterday they had a rejuvenating rest day, with everyone drinking and eating lots. They are all conserving energy now, but if weather permits, the team will call us tomorrow morning from the summit!

Once the team returns back down the mountain, Ossy will be getting ready for the next Aconcagua Polish Traverse that begins Jan. 29th. Wish them luck!

(All photos from previous expeditions)

 Mark Schwab photo

 Mark Schwab photo

Mark Schwab photo

 

Next Aconcagua blog

Previous Aconcagua blog