MM Collection
Checking in from the Condor's Nest on Illimani, Bolivia. MM Collection
# #

January 20, 2012

Aconcagua # 3 Team Waiting at Camp 2

Ossy called in with an update from Camp 2 on the Polish Traverse:

The team's progress so far.

"We are in Camp 2. Everybody is good. We have a strong group and everyone is doing well despite a couple stomach aches the past couple days. The wind is picked up as we moved to Camp 2 today. The forecast is predicting 80 mph winds on our summit day so we are going to wait out the storm and push our summit attempt back a day. We are going to stay here in Camp 2 until the storm passes and move to Camp 3 hopefully on the 23rd. 

Jimmy wants to say "hi" to his mother and tell her not to worry! We will call again on Monday with another update."

~ MM Guide Ossy Freire

All photos from previous expeditions

Camp 2 . Mark Schwab photo

An Argentine picnic. Mark Schwab photo

Ossy (on left) on previous trip taking in the Camp 2 view. MM collection

Moving up to Camp 2. MM collection

 Next Aconcagua blog

Previous Aconcagua blog